zondag 20 maart 2011

happy go lucky me !

If I got òne chance in a lifetime to sail on a cargovessel, lets say 1/100,

and if I got òne chance out of 100, to be on the bést cargo in the world, 

ànd, to celebrate my birthday within a 40 days journey (365 x 1/40 = 9)

then, would this chance be higher than 1/ 100 x 100 x 9 = 1/ 90.000 ??

means òne chance out of 90.000, that's less than the chance of winning

one million dollar on the lotto or on the steeple chase....?


  >>>   do you imagine, I'm a lucky guy ?? Today, on my 67th birthday !??


My best thanks go to Werner vD and Jo Coens, for making this possible, 

and especially to capt. Lars Melin, for allowing me on 'his' ship, Oberon, 

and last but not least to chief-engineer, Jon-Erik,  who organised a fare-

wel drink in his cabin, together with the captain. Lucky, indeed, I am !

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Congratulations and celebrations for you

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. 'k Wist de juiste datum niet........
    Dat is dus vandaag.
    Van ganser harte : Een heel gelukkige en heel speciale verjaardag gewenst van Song-Hua, Vincent, Yu-Lan. En ikke ook nog ne keer.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Voltaire en P.G. Woodhouse, wat een prachtige combinatie. Bertram Wooster in een relatie met Régine (Sorry, dat is de Beauvoir. Voltaire heb ik nog niet gelezen. Moet ik ook eerst voor op een cargo).
    Guido, dank voor je Blog. De Stellamansen zijn ware schrijvers. Zo'n tocht zou mij ook zeer kunnen aanspreken. Groet, Pim

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen